What are Yogasana’s definitions and benefits?
Do you want to know what Yogasana is and what are its benefits? So read this article thoroughly.
If you want to keep your body healthy and fit in the right way, then you must know about yoga.
You must have often seen that people consider Yogasana as Yoga and keep doing it as a routine exercise. Most people do Yogasana only as routine workouts, if you also consider Yogasana as Yoga, then there is a need to change your views a little because it is not appropriate to consider Yogasana as complete Yoga.
Let us know that Yogasana is only a small part of Yoga, which people often consider complete yoga, but apart from this, Pranayam, meditation, and Kriya also have an important role in Yoga. Yoga is consisting of eight limbs i.e.
Which is also called, “Ashtanga Yoga” Eight limbs of Yoga.
Yoga plays a very important and vital role in success and health in life, when you are perfectly healthy and fit, your mind also solves any kind of problem promptly, and you get rid of many types of diseases.
When you adopt Yoga in your daily routine, you remain healthy not only physically but also mentally; the treatment of all diseases is hidden in Yoga, so here we are giving you information about what is Yoga or Yogasana.
Definition and meaning of Yogasan
The meaning of yogasana is power and position, which is made up of two words, first yoga, and second asana. To say here yoga means samadhi and asana is such a physical position in which people do yoga in the simplest position according to their physical capacity.
There are many asanas in yoga that prove to be very effective in making our body healthy and beautiful, such as Bhujangasana, Ardha Chandrasana, Balasana, Vajrasana, etc.
Asana is also called asanam in the Sanskrit language and it is also spoken in association with yogasana.
Method of doing yoga
To do yoga, you should first choose a healthy and airy place.
• Do the asana only in the morning or evening
• You should always do the asana on an empty stomach or practice it after 3 to 4 hours of having a meal.
• Find a flat place to do the sum
• Always practice slowly
• While doing Asanas, always exhale through your nose, this is very important for balance.
• After doing Asanas, your body should be given rest for some time.
• If you want, you can also do funeral
• If there is pain in the body while doing any type of asana, then you should stop the asana immediately.
• Do not eat food immediately after asana; give some time to the body
• Those who are doing yoga for the first time should take guidance from a yoga guru
• One should not do yoga without knowing it
What are the benefits of doing yoga?
If you do yoga to keep your body fit and healthy, then what are the benefits for you?
• You have a good mood
• Reduces stress
• Gets rid of anxiety
• Increases ability to make the right decisions
• Increases concentration and remains good
• Have a good memory
• Positive thoughts remain in life
• Helps to achieve success
• The effect of increasing age is less visible
• Increases your physical ability
• Maintains balanced weight
• Improves muscle mass in your body
• Your endurance increases
• Increases pain tolerance
• Improves respiratory system
• New energy is felt
• Maintains Better Metabolism
• Keeps Your Cholesterol Balanced
Types of Asanas
Here we have given a list of the most performed yogasanas
Adhomukh Shwaanasan अधोमुख श्वानासन
Adhomukh Vrikshasan अधोमुख वृक्षासन
Aakarn Dhanurasan आकर्ण धनुरासन
Ardh Chandraasan अर्धचंद्रासन
Ashtaang Namaskaar अष्टांग नमस्कार
Ashtha Vakraasan अष्ट वक्रासन
Baddha Konaasan बद्ध कोणासन
Bhuj Pidasan भुज पिडासन
Chaturang Dandaasan चतुरंग दंडासन
Jaanu Shirshaasan जानू शीर्षासन
Karn Pidaasan कर्णपिडासन
Kaundinyaasan कौडिण्य आसन
Paarshwakonaasan पार्श्व कोणासन
Pinch Mayuraasan पिंच मयुरासन
Prasaadit Paad Uttanasan प्रसारित पाद उत्तानासन
Saalamb Sarvaangasan सालंब सर्वांगासन
Supt Padaangushtaasan सुप्तपादांगुष्ठ आसन
Surya Namaskaar सूर्यनमस्कार
Upvishta Konaasan ऊपविष्ट कोणासन
Utthita Hast Padangushtaasan उत्थित हस्त पादांगुष्ठ आसन
Vasishthasan वसिष्ठ आसन
Viparita Dandaasan विपरीत दंडासन
Viparit Karani विपरीत करणी
Viparit Virbhadraasan विपरीत वीरभद्रासन
Vrushchikaasan वृश्चिक आसन
Yog Nidraasan योग निद्राससन
Conclusion on Benefits of yoga
Physical and mental healing is one of the most widely applied forms of yoga. It is so powerful and effective because it works on the principles of harmony and integration.
Yoga is seen as a successful therapy for asthma, diabetes, blood pressure, arthritis, digestive disorders, and other diseases, especially where modern science has not been able to provide a cure to date. Research on the effects of yoga on HIV is currently with promising results. It’s going on. According to medical scientists, yoga therapy is successful because of the balance created in the nervous and endocrine systems which directly affects all other systems and organs of the body.